Nagarkot Dhulikhel Hiking
Destination: Nagarkot Dhulikhel Hiking
Duration: 4 Days
Grade: Easy to Moderate
Best season: any time
Highest access: 1985m
Trip type: Guided easy Hike
- Detail Itinerary
- Cost Info
- Check List
- Altitude Map
Nagarkot Dhulikhel hiking is one of the most popular and best hiking destination with fascinating mountain panorama and cultural diversity. Enrich with various splendid natural beauty and warm culture of mixed ethnic group this short hiking near Kathmandu valley is superb for its beauty and cultural aspect. On our route the hike offers us to visit Old historic Buddha monasteries and sacred Buddhist culture.Nagarkot Dhulikhel hiking starts with a 1hour drive from Kathmandu to Nagarkot and the hike all the way to Dhulikhel. The route passes through different lush forest towards the religious place of Dhulikhel. There is an amazing legend related to the Buddha, which is remembered, by an ancient stone slab and a stupa with the all-seeing eyes of Lord Buddha. The hike of Dhulikhel takes us to the untouched and remote villages where we are welcomed by different culture and religion.
Nagarkot Dhulikhel hiking is a short hike designed for those seek to view the gigantic panoramic Mountain View and wants explore the culture and lifestyle of the inhabitants. Experience the culture and explore the natural wilderness and stunning Mountain View around.
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival Day (1400 m)
Day 02: Full day Kathmandu sightseeing tour
Day 03: Drive to Sankhu, trek to Nagarkot (2195 m)
Day 04: Sunrise View at Nagarkot, hike to Dhulikhel (1550 m)
When you travel to the new place for your holiday, food is concern able part of travel. While, traveling with Yarsa treks, you can experience the delightful cuisine of typical Nepali food, continental food, Italian food, Chinese food and different international cuisine. You will be suggested by your guide for good food during your trip. You will take lunch in route side, breakfast and dinner will arrange in the same hotel/Lodge.
During the trek you can get the bottled water but it is hard to dispose plastic and it will be the big problem for environment. Thus, you should dispose plastic bottle in dustbin.
We provide you 3 star hotel in Kathmandu with best location. During the hike we will provide best hotel/resort in hill station with beautiful view.
Things to take:
During the hike you don’t need to walk for long duration. You can take very light and necessary things. This is very active trip we can’t stay in same place.
Health & Fitness:
Hiking are not much challenging as trekking. During the hike we just need to walk in medium altitude (1400 m-2500 m) but you must have normal health condition and average physical fitness. If you felt sick during the hike you can get immediate transport service.
Suitable Time to Trek:
There is not any season boundary for hiking but during the monsoon you can’t get proper view of mountains and other scenery. Except monsoon (Jun-Aug) all season are suitable for hiking.
Check available start date in our site and for cost please contact us with your departure date.
If you’re confused to pack up your necessary things just see in the check list tab. Bring light and necessary things
Note: We can customize trip as possible client’s time frame.
Day 01: Welcome to Kathmandu Valley (1,400 m).
Upon your arrival we assist you from airport to our hotel. Enjoy evening welcome program and rest overnight.
Day 02: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley.
Today we offer you a full day Kathmandu valley sightseeing. Explore some of the best sightseeing and world heritage sites around such as (Pashupatinath syambhu Nath, Durbar square, Boudhanath). Enjoy evening dinner and rest overnight.
Day 03: Drive to Sankhu and hike to Nagarkot (2200 m).
Today after Breakfast we drive for 45min all the way to Sanku, by private vehicle and then trek for 4-5hours all the way to Nagarkot (1985m). Enjoy the scenic route filled with greenery and Himalayas views. Rest overnight.
Day 04: Hike to Dhulikhel
Early morning hike for sunrise and panoramic Himalayan scenery. hike to Dhulikhel
- All ground transports in private vehicle including airport transfers.
- All accommodation with breakfast at Tourist standard HOTEL in Kathmandu.
- All trekking permits.
- Full board meals with tea/coffee (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff
- All national transportation fee.
- First aid medical kit
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Extra food and beverage charge.
- Snacks and other personal expenses
- Personal trekking equipment’s
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers
- Emergency rescue charge.
This list of equipment will help you to bag pack for your trip. You can check the list while packing your bags. These lists may require vary or little according to the season and your trip duration. We suggest you to carry only the valuable things.
1. Valid Passport, 2 passport size photos
2. Airlines tickets
3. Separate photo copy of your passport
4. Visa form (easily access in Nepal airport)
5. Insurance paper
6. Cash/credit card/ATM/Machine card for withdraw, checks
1. Sunhat or Scarf
2. Light balaclava or fleece hat
4. Head torch
Upper Body Wear:
1. Cotton T-shirt or thermals
2. Down Jacket
Lower Body Wear:
1. Light weight cotton pant
2. Water proof pant
3. Hiking trouser or woolen trousers
2. Light weight fleece gloves
1. Thin inner socks
2. Thick warm wool socks
3. Comfortable hiking Boots
1. Trekking/Duffel Bag
2. Large plastic Bag (for keeping things dry inside)
3. Trekking poles (optional)
4. Water Bottle or Camel Bag etc.
1. Water purification tablets or filter
2. Anti-altitude sickness pills
3. Anti headache pills
4. Stomach antibiotic
5. Skin-blaster repair kit
6. Cold pills
7. First aid tapes and plasters
8. According to health prescription
1. Tissue/Wet wipes/Toilet roll
2. Anti Bacterial hand wash
1. Quick dry Towel
2. Toothbrush and paste
3. Multipurpose soap
4. Face and body moisturizer
5. Female Huygens product
1. Guide Book
2. Diary and pen
4. Voltage converter
5. Plug adapter
6. Cigarette lighter and Match box
7. Campus and Gps (optional)
8. Small alarm clock
9. Digital camera with extra cards and batteries
10. Small folding Knife etc.