Destination: Kathmandu Nagarkot hiking
Duration: 4 Days
Best season: Any time
Highest access: 2175 m
Trip type: Guided Easy Hike
- Detail Itinerary
- Cost Info
- Check List
- Altitude Map
Kathmandu Nagarkot hiking is a short and easy trek around Kathmandu valley and fascinating mountain scenic view place of Nagarkot. Kathmandu city is filled with natural beauty and cultural heritage places. Nagarkot is a popular hill station lies north to Kathmandu valley at 2175m is a fascinating destination to view the stunning Himalayas panorama and superb view of sunrise and sunset.
Kathmandu Nagarkot hiking start from Kathmandu with a short drive till Sanku a beautiful newer village and then hike till Nagarkot. The sunrise stance from Nagarkot hill present you the ever-refreshing reminiscence of the splendid panoramic view of the Himalayan range from Dhaulagiri in the west and Mt. Everest in the east. This a short day hiking of 4 days offering you range of biological features of Nepal and diversity of flora and faunas.
Explore the busy city of Kathmandu to the attractive and edge valley of Nagarkot where one can experience variety of culture and old religious residences.
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival Day, Short Kathmandu tour
Day 02: Drive to Sankhu, hike to Nagarkot
Day 03: Sunrise View at Nagarkot, Short sightseeing
Day 04: Departure day
When you travel to the new place for your holiday, food is concern able part of travel. While, traveling with Yarsa treks, you can experience the delightful cuisine of typical Nepali food, continental food, Italian food, Chinese food and different international cuisine. You will be suggested by your guide for good food during your trip. You will take lunch in route side, breakfast and dinner will arrange in the same hotel/Lodge.
During the trek you can get the bottled water but it is hard to dispose plastic and it will be the big problem for environment. Thus, you should dispose plastic bottle in dustbin.
We provide you 3 star hotel in Kathmandu with best location. During the hike we will provide best hotel/resort in hill station with beautiful view.
Things to take:
During the hike you don’t need to walk for long duration. You can take very light and necessary things. This is very active trip we can’t stay in same place.
Health & Fitness:
Hiking are not much challenging as trekking. During the hike we just need to walk in medium altitude (1400 m-2500 m) but you must have normal health condition and average physical fitness. If you felt sick during the hike you can get immediate transport service.
Suitable Time to Trek:
There is not any season boundary for hiking but during the monsoon you can’t get proper view of mountains and other scenery. Except monsoon (Jun-Aug) all season are suitable for hiking.
Check available start date in our site and for cost please contact us with your departure date.
If you’re confused to pack up your necessary things just see in the check list tab. Bring light and necessary things
Note: We can customize trip as possible client’s time frame.
Day 01: Welcome to Kathmandu (1400 m).
Upon your arrival we assist you to hotel. At day we take you to a short guided tour over Kathmandu valley to visit some of the world renowned places like Pashupathi nath, syambhu nath. We also visit some of the famous sightseeing spots. Rest overnight.
Day 02: Hike from Sankhu (1,777 m) to Nagarkot (2,200 m).
Today after breakfast we drive for 40min all the way to Sanku and then hike all the way to beautiful Nagarkot village. We hike through attractive places where our route passes through striking rhododendron forest. After an enjoyable dinner at local hotel rest overnight.
Day 03: Hike to the view tower and explore around.
Today early in the morning after breakfast we hike till Nagarkot tower, from here we will view the stunning and magnificent Himalayan range from Dhaulagiri to Everest. Explore the beautiful natural wilderness and experience the culture and lifestyle of inhabitants. Rest overnight.
Day 04: Drive from Nagarkot to Kathmandu (1,400 m).
Today after lunch we depart from Nagarkot to Kathmandu and then to further destination.
- All ground transports in private vehicle including airport transfers.
- All accommodation with breakfast at Tourist standard HOTEL in Kathmandu.
- All entry fee and tourist charge and National Park Permits fee throughout the trek.
- Full board meals with tea/coffee (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff
- All national transportation fee.
- First aid medical kit
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Extra food and beverage charge.
- Snacks and other personal expenses
- Personal trekking equipment’s
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers
- Emergency rescue charge.
This list of equipment will help you to bag pack for your trip. You can check the list while packing your bags. These lists may require vary or little according to the season and your trip duration. We suggest you to carry only the valuable things.
1. Valid Passport, 2 passport size photos
2. Airlines tickets
3. Separate photo copy of your passport
4. Visa form (easily access in Nepal airport)
5. Insurance paper
6. Cash/credit card/ATM/Machine card for withdraw, checks
1. Sunhat or Scarf
2. Light balaclava or fleece hat
4. Head torch
Upper Body Wear:
1. Cotton T-shirt or thermals
2. Down Jacket
Lower Body Wear:
1. Light weight cotton pant
2. Water proof pant
3. Hiking trouser or woolen trousers
2. Light weight fleece gloves
1. Thin inner socks
2. Thick warm wool socks
3. Comfortable hiking Boots
1. Trekking/Duffel Bag
2. Large plastic Bag (for keeping things dry inside)
3. Trekking poles (optional)
4. Water Bottle or Camel Bag etc.
1. Water purification tablets or filter
2. Anti-altitude sickness pills
3. Anti headache pills
4. Stomach antibiotic
5. Skin-blaster repair kit
6. Cold pills
7. First aid tapes and plasters
8. According to health prescription
1. Tissue/Wet wipes/Toilet roll
2. Anti Bacterial hand wash
1. Quick dry Towel
2. Toothbrush and paste
3. Multipurpose soap
4. Face and body moisturizer
5. Female Huygens product
1. Guide Book
2. Diary and pen
4. Voltage converter
5. Plug adapter
6. Cigarette lighter and Match box
7. Campus and Gps (optional)
8. Small alarm clock
9. Digital camera with extra cards and batteries
10. Small folding Knife etc.